Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 3- Pohnpei

It's crazy to realize that I've been on my mission for a month! I've learned a lot in such a short amount of time. It is so crazy. I don't have a lot of time but I just want to share an experience. We are allowed an hour of sports time to play and to find investigators, but most of the time the missionaries just play. As we were playing we met this kid named Noel. He speaks English so I can talk to him a lot. We got put on his team and we were playing basketball. We did really well and played super good together. We won every game. By the end we were really good friends and we asked if we could come over to his house and teach him a lesson. He said sure and we went over the next day. When we were teaching him he seemed to really take in everything we said and at the end we asked him to read and pray about the things that we said and asked him if he got an answer that they are true if he would be baptized. He said yes and we left and went to teach another lesson. That night we went back to the church and he was there playing basketball again. He came running up to us and he said, "Elders, I prayed about the things that you taught me and I don't know how to desribe it but I almost started crying, I just know that they are so true and that you are messengers of God." It was so cool to see how fast the Spirit works and how he truly wanted an answer and got one that night. The next day we checked in on him and he said he was sick. We asked him if we could give him a priesthood blessing and he accepted no questions asked. We gave him a blessing and then I shared my story about falling out the window and then my Dad giving me a blessing and me being healed. The spirit was so strong and Noel is an awesome kid that will be a great example to his family. I'm so excited to help him work towards baptism and towards the priesthood. He is going to be a great father one day and is just an awesome kid. This week was just full of miracles that I can't really write down all of them in an email. We only have an hour of email but I can write a lot which is what I've been doing. If you or anyone you know would benefit from a letter or if you think I could help them don't be afraid to ask. I would love to write people and share experiences with them. 
I love you all more than I can express. I hope you are all safe and that you always strive to have the Holy Ghost abide with you. It helps you far more than you realize. 
God Love you, and I love you! 
-Elder Hanson




Other Side Notes from Elder Hanson this week: 
- The storms have slowed down there so it's not raining as much and he says he's getting good missionary tan lines. 
- He finally got his machete, which he gets to keep with him in the car. 
- The roads are so bad there that he says it would probably be faster and more comfortable just to walk. His companion is designated driver for now and seems to hit every pot hole ;) 
- Mostly everyone on the island speaks Pohnpeian so he's having to completely learn the language (he didn't have any teaching for it in the MTC). He said he's doing good but is excited for when he can be totally fluent. Prayers would probably help :) 
-The people there feed them so much and he says they are so loving and nice. 

Thank you all for your love and support! I'm sure he is definitely feeling the strength of your prayers! 
-Monica 

No comments:

Post a Comment