Sunday, August 7, 2016

July 31st, 2016: Transfers

So a lot happened last night for transfers. To start off Elder Woodland is leaving... He is going next door to Pehleng area and will be with Elder Pakoa from his intake. They will have a fun time together and will have a blast. As for me I am training again and also district leader. My district will have almost all of Elder Woodlands intake in it plus my trainee and another trainee. I'm excited for all these changes and the island will be a lot different now. A lot of things happened around the island and a lot of new missionaries will be coming in. I can't wait to see what will happen and who will train who.  
So this week was a pretty good week and we finally got another car! If we didn't have a car but could walk it would be fine, but because of not being able to do either we were pretty stuck. We got the new car on Thursday and just flew through the lessons. We went and saw all of our investigators that we haven't seen in a while and checked up on them. It's seriously the best feeling ever when a friend that you are sharing the gospel with looks up at you and says, thank you for what you've done, thank you for sacrificing your family so I could change my life and receive all this happiness. I was pretty close to tears and the spirit was so strong. I have really come to love our investigators and they are like my family now. I'm excited that I get to stay in this area and show my love for the branch and area. Things are just getting better and better and missionary work is really starting to pick up with the branch. We were a little bit bold and when we set goals with the branch we told them that they would share the consequences of our work this month. They were all really on board and humbled themselves to serve. I'm excited to now see a small army doing missionary work instead of two 19 year olds. I don't know who I will train yet but he is in for a surprise and blessings when he gets here. We should have two baptisms his second week here and another investigator that comes to church the week after. I'm excited to show him the blessings of missionary work and help him start his journey off the right way. Just like parenting for the first time I learned a lot the first time. Now I get to show what I learned and help this new Elder be the best that he can be, to be a better missionary than me. I have realized just how similar a mission is to parenting and have noticed the things that I have learned about helping others are already being used by my parents. For all of you that have parents on this Earth who are still with us, call them, right now, and tell them you love them and are thankful. If they are waiting for you on the other side, pray and talk to your Heavenly Father on the other side. I know my parents will read this so when you do, thank you. Thank you for preparing me my whole life for my mission and leading me and guiding me. 
The song "I am a Child of God" has come to be one of my favorite songs because it's one of the most simple, yet powerful songs ever. I would like to invite each of you to also read it and to really think about the roles of parents in our lives. I am grateful for my parents and the life they have created for me. I love you all and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment