Monday, March 28, 2016

March 21st, 2016: Leaving Room for Blessings

 
The last couple weeks I have really been praying and asking God to bless us with people that would be ready to hear our message and to bless us with people that would progress. After three weeks of nothing it finally hit me why my prayers weren't being answered. It was because I wasn't leaving room for the new investigators. We had a big pool of investigators which I thought was a good thing but it really hit me on Tuesday that a lot of them had never really progressed. After realizing that, we talked about all of our investigators and decided which ones were actually willing to act. After parting ways with a couple investigators our prayers were immediately answered. We found three new investigators and put all three of them on Baptismal date on the first lesson. One of them was on Baptismal date before but she didn't feel ready to be baptized. I shared with her Alma 32:21 and 26, which coincidently is the same scripture my mom sent me. After helping her realize that faith is what we do when we know what's right and do our best to follow it she accepted to be baptized.

This week we also had Stake Conference. It was a big operation to get like 600+people from all over the island to one chapel and to do it before ten. Elder Woodland and I were working hard in the morning to help our investigators get ready to be picked up by the buses and trucks. After trying to get all of our investigators up and ready we had seen almost all of them and none were going. We were disappointed and drove to the other side of the island for Stake Conference. When we got there we were kind of bummed because all the work we had done that week was for what we thought was nothing. Until we walked in and saw that 3 of our investigators that we never thought would join, came. We talked to them and thanked them for coming. Two teenage boys, Radan and Balomo woke each other up and walked to a member’s house because they felt like they needed to go. Another teenage girl was invited by one of her friends to join and she came and had a blast. In the end I learned two lessons, one that we need to work hard for blessings we want to receive, and two, those blessings might come in a different form than you expect. I love this Gospel so much, I love my Heavenly Father. He truly is the Master of the Universe and He knows all things. I'm grateful for my family who is so supportive of me and the work I'm doing. I think of missionaries that do not have support from home and don't email their parents every week. I am so very grateful for all the blessings God blesses me with. Above all I have realized that like my mission president says, I am not the giver on my mission. I might think that I give my time and talents to God, but who is the One that gave them to me in the first place? I am the receiver on my mission. It's as simple as that, everything that my work has accomplished has been given to me by my Heavenly Father. I love Him and I love each and every one of you. I hope you all pray always, and let Him know how you feel. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
-Elder Hanson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment