Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 17th, 2016: A Positive Attitude Brings Positive Blessings!

This week was a rough week for us. Monday and Tuesday we had an exchange with the District leader and an Elder from my intake (the group I came to Micronesia with). They haven't been getting along the best so we tried helping them through their disagreements. Then on Wednesday Elder Hurst and I were really sick which really sucks. On a mission you really don't have anything to entertain you while you are sick. You just try to sleep the most you can and eat and drink. There is no Netflix on a mission and no TV for you to watch and entertain you. Because we were both really sick we just decided to stay in on Wednesday. We tried going out but quickly came back in. On Thursday we were still recovering but had a solid day. Things had been dragging us down lately and on Friday and Saturday we had a really rough day. Saturday finished off awesome because I got to see two of my investigators from Mesihsou get baptized, Melsor and Senna got baptized and I got to see both of them because I was giving a talk about the Holy Ghost after. It was really, really cool to see them glowing after and so happy. I asked Senna what she felt like after her baptism and she said four words that hit me like a ton of bricks. She said "I feel like Heaven" She speaks kinda broken English so when she said that it was amazing. She pointed up and said I feel like God knows me and is happy with me. It was seriously one of the coolest things ever. Sunday morning we were back to being sad which I really didn't like. I decided that we were going to have faith that God would work miracles in our lives and in our area and that I was going to do everything I could and have a positive attitude. By the end of the night we had 5 people on baptismal date.  One of them asked us straight up to be baptized. It was a huge testimony builder that when we push forward with a positive attitude and faith, God WILL bless us. I am so grateful that Kitti is on fire right now. When we came here it was really dead and nothing was happening. Within 3 weeks we have gotten over 26 investigators and now have 5 solid baptisms that will happen around the end of the transfer. I am so grateful for all the blessing that God blesses us with as we work hard. I know that God will only bless us if we work hard. We have definitely been working hard lately and have seen the blessings. This Church is so true. It's not just the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints but it's the way back to God. The way that God has organized for us to return. He has given us His authority to work with His power on Earth so that we can have His blessings in Heaven. When you think of how hard this world is and then think of what we get in return, we get way more than what we worked for. Eternity is not something that starts after we die. Now is part of Eternity. Our Eternal Life started when we chose to come to Earth and chose Christ. Every single one of us will inherit Eternal Life because of that very important decision. I know that we all made the right choice, and because of it God will bless us infinitely. God is our Father. Not just some imaginary person that we talk about. He is someone that we can talk to, and He talks back. He talks through our feelings and through miracles in our lives. It's only when our eyes are open to the miracles that He works that our prayers are answered. In the couple of months that I've been here I have seen more miracles than I have in my whole life. Now they just seem like common place. I have really had my eyes opened to how often God works miracles in our lives. I can't believe I had been so blind in the past. Even just looking back at my life knowing God was always working miracles in my life. In fact I'm still alive because of one. I know God lives and that the Priesthood is truly the authority to work in the
name of God. That is something I know I took for granted before and I think a lot of people do. It is not just something to take for granted and throw it around. It is the power of God on Earth. I know because I've seen it and I've used it. God works miracles when we have Faith that they will happen. I know miracles happen, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment